About this job
Better Placed is proud to be working with one of the worlds largest, most respected manufacturing businesses to recruit a PR Manager, based in the UK Head Office in Manchester.
As the new PR Manager you will be the final piece in the puzzle joining an award winning communications team. You will have strategic responsibility, free reign to operate and a key role to play in the development of the overall marketing communications plan.
The duties and responsibilities of the PR Manager will include but not be limited to:
- Creating and delivering the PR strategy in line with business objectives
- Working with senior stakeholders across the business to advise on PR strategy
- Using your copywriting skills to develop content across blogs, social media, company websites, trade press etc
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of industry and competitor activity
- Managing media relations across trade and national press
- Creating and delivering the social media strategy
- Taking the lead on crisis comms management
- Monthly reporting on PR activity and brand exposure
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (CIPR qualification also desirable)
- A proven track record of delivering B2B PR strategies
- Creative flair
- Experience of delivering a segmented, targeted communications strategy
- Personable with excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Detailed understanding of defining tone of voice and brand guidelines
- Experience managing budgets
- A proactive attitude
An opportunity like this doesn’t come along all that often and could be the ideal next step in your career. To be considered for this outstanding role click apply now to send an up to date version of your CV highlighting your relevant experience.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK’s leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 10 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are “better placed” (sorry!) to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK’s, and even world’s biggest brands.