About this job
Great opportunity to join a drinks company and work on one of their newest brands. They are growing really quickly and need someone creative to come in and continue to drive their innovation and category takeover. If you have premium experience in food or drink then this could be the perfect next step!
- Championing the consumer aligned to the brand vision / purpose
- Manage the in-year delivery of the plan, ensuring the brand achieves pre-agreed objectives
- Lead & implement the brand strategy for the next 3 years
- Drive the brand P&L to deliver against challenging yet exciting financial growth objectives
- Work closely with the Sales function to identify customer needs and opportunities and build an exceptional activation platform.
- Develop and bring to market key pieces of innovation
- Building Brand Equity; ensuring marketing activities build long term brand equity and in-market results.
- Responsibility for significant A&P spend
- Manage relationships with key external agencies
- Direct line management.
- Marketing Director, OOH Sales Director.
- Customers: Category controllers and buyers across all channels
- Senior leadership including board level
- In-house Marketing Team
- Lead strategic and tactical Agencies – particularly advertising, media agency, PR, design and shopper
- Wider senior marketing and commercial leadership teams
Qualifications and professional experience
- High talent with leadership potential, graduate calibre
- Strong core leadership competencies
- Significant and relevant professional experience within FMCG, ideally with premium alcohol.
- At least 8 years previous marketing experience preferred
- A strong understanding of the commercial environment, ideally including the on-trade channel.
- A real focus on execution and delivery
- Proven track-record of delivering projects with positive results
- Understanding of the communication development and / or stage gate process
- Management of agencies
- A strong and proven project manager
Providing the Vision:
- Experience in bringing teams together and leading them toward a shared goal
- Ability to deliver a clear message and ask of your audience (internal / agencies)
- Experience of driving a strategic planning process. Proven budget management, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to lead within a matrix organization, integrating multifunctional efforts crossing multiple business areas
- Knowledge of the UK grocery and on-trade markets, and successfully launching into these channels
- Customer facing experience strongly preferred