About this job
Fantastic new role at a top FMCG drinks company! Really rare opportunity to work in a hybrid role of innovation and insights.
- Develop and prioritise opportunity platforms and partner with the innovation team to develop and deliver successful new brand launches to meet them.
- Support the Head of Insight with the embedding of the demand space framework within the business and in the regional team. Ensuring it is leveraged to develop a clear portfolio strategy that clarifies the role for new brands in driving future growth.
- Lead cross insight initiatives and build a close relationship with regional insight / marketing / R&D to ensure we are aligned where needed and collaborate to share learnings.
- Inspire passion for consumer understanding and champion its role in driving growth, but be adept at balancing risk with reward so you are not reliant on having extensive research to do so.
- Be curious to uncover new ways for insight to be a competitive advantage for innovation; explore and experiment with new methods and bring the innovation team closer to consumers so they are not reliant on traditional research projects.
- Ensure appropriate evaluation of NPD launches in market to influence future planning and activation.
- Nurture effective agency relationships – with both research agencies and creative agencies.
- Liaise with cross functional teams to ensure the commerciality of all new brand propositions.
- Be a leading member of the insight team to help develop capability, inspire new thinking and build a one team mindset
- Extensive consumer insight experience, preferably in an fmcg marketing environment.
- Likely to come from an insight role background, but possibly from marketing / innovation roles.
- A proven, commercially minded marketing leader, not just insight specialist; understands the broader context of marketing and innovation planning and effectively leads strategy and decision making.
- Could come from a blue chip or more entrepreneurial / start up business (or ideally experience of both).
- Proven experience of leveraging insight to identify growth opportunities and developing successful NPD launches.
- Confident and experienced in facilitating workshops and leading ideation processes.
- Brand strategy and positioning experience and ability to partner with marketing to develop impactful and relevant comms strategies / plans.
- FMCG / drinks industry knowledge and experience is an advantage, but not necessary.
- Probably university degree level education or equivalent, but proven relevant experience is most important.
Key competencies and skills
- A proven results-driven leader with a strong drive for change, who can proactively challenge the status quo, and lead themselves and others through ambiguity.
- An enthusiasm and drive for creating tomorrow’s business, naturally curious about long-term consumer trends that can help unlock growth for our business.
- Positive and enthusiastic character, with the confidence, clarity and gravitas to bring the objective voice of the consumer to the fore at all levels and across all functions of the business.
- Willing to get hands on and find creative ways to source insight that will strengthen our NPD (especially as ‘paid for’ research will not be right for every project).
- A passion for understanding what makes consumers tick and inspiring others to do the same.
- A strong understanding of commercial business; consumer + business + customer needs.
- Has a significant strength in building collaborative and effective relationships across regional and cross functional boundaries.