About this job
Better Placed HR People are working for an organisation who are looking for an HR Advisor to join their operation based in Harrogate.
They are an organisation that places heavy emphasis on building long term relationships with line managers and directors. The main purpose of the role is to provide expert HR advice and proactive operational HR Support.
This is an exciting and varied role offering career development and encompassing opportunities to become involved, and be responsible for;
- This is a full Generalist role – and you will be involved with all aspects of HR, including Employee Relations, Recruitment, Compensation and Learning & Development.
- Employee relations – you will provide advice and support to managers on a range and complexity of ER issues.
- Providing support and advice on how to carry out disciplinary proceedings, note taking in meetings, providing advice on what decision to make and the employment law around it.
- You will assist on grievances – involved in providing advice and support to the employee on grievance queries and advice and support about what action the manager should take.
- Monitoring and measuring absence in a business including trigger reports and analysing the results.
- Management of long-term absences cases, attend meetings.
- Working with management team to help improve employee engagement and well being through incentive schemes, health and benefit programmes.
- Analysing PDR’s for training needs and analysis purposes through to redesigning the performance management process.
- Full end to end recruitment and selection utilising in house recruitment methods and third party agencies where necessary.
- Designing and conducting training as and when required, particularly in management development and utilising 3rd party providers when required.
- You will be responsible for leading and supporting a number of projects including performance management and management development.
- Promotion of HR policies and procedures ensuring all managers and staff are aware and operating to them effectively.
If you believe you are a confident, skilled communicator with the ability to learn quickly, can build strong relationships and portray a professional customer-oriented image, are CIPD qualified and have experience within the professional service environment. Please submit your CV or call Georgina Cody-Owen on 0113 236 4060 to speak further about this exciting role.