About this job
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Brand Manager to join a leading global FMCG business’ EMEA Marketing Team. You’ll be responsible for a portfolio of newly acquired high potential brands, creating and leading the execution of the marketing plans to drive results. You’ll set the strategic direction to create a strong and sustainable brand and develop and execute brand plans to deliver long term strategy. Responsibilities include packaging, innovation, promotions, pricing, and communication, together with delivery of volumes, revenue, expenditure and profit targets. A big, well rounded role with lots of internal visibility and backing and huge scope for impact.
- Set KPI’s for campaigns and monitor/review success against KPI’s during and after campaigns.
- Ensure all brand plans have strong ROI.
- Work with external/internal agencies to ensure plans delivered to time/budget and KPIs.
- Deliver Profit: regularly review and evaluate the impact on profitability v targets of all key initiatives and flag any significant variances and recommend remedial action.
- Customer requirements: work collaboratively with Cat Man and Sales to ensure great marketing information; account specific promotional activity and new product launch information is available and communicated.
- Monitor and manage the advertising and promotions (A&P) and other marketing budgets.
- Analyse market data and trends identifying market opportunities and threats, brand strengths and weaknesses, providing timely and accurate reports to manager.
- Work with Demand Analyst and National Account Managers to ensure that appropriate analysis is conducted, agreement is reached and forecasts are updated to the company financial period/timetable.
- Work with EMEA Innovation team to develop strong NPD plans that will drive profitable growth for the brand.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Preferably a degree in business related subject, ideally Marketing.
- Proven success in running a product portfolio for brands.
- A fundamental desire to drive passion into exciting brands, connect with the Consumer and be able to ‘think differently’.
- Focused on excellent execution: ability to deliver great marketing execution and utilise external agencies where appropriate.
- Strong commercial acumen: ability to make commercially sound recommendations from ambiguous and incomplete data. Numerate, good analytical skills and P&L understanding.
- Consumer, Shopper & Customer centric, with the ability to empathise with consumers and customers, interpret their needs and find creative solutions to fulfil them.
- Strategic Thinker: Desire and ability to see the big picture, align with business priorities and steer appropriately.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise, whilst still managing multiple projects.
- Team player: Ability to build and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships at all levels (internal and external).
- Good written and verbal communication skills: ability to craft a concise presentation from the salient facts and deliver with conviction.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience of working with IRI or Nielsen.
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we’re not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.