About this job
A leading financial services organisation based in the Midlands is looking for an experienced Communications professional to join them on a 3 month contract as an External Communications Manager.
You will be required to hit the ground running taking responsibility for telling the company’s story, engaging with their existing / potential customers and maintaining the high standards associated with this brand.
The responsibilities and duties of the External Communications Manager include but will not be limited to:
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Handling media calls and requests
- Working with the digital teams to create effective digital output including social media, blogger outreach and web content
- Effectively managing relationships with PR and SEO agencies
- Working with senior stakeholders across to business to gather and tell positive, effective stories
- Playing a key role in any relevant crisis management activity
- Reporting on the impact of all communications campaigns, learning from the results and implementing improvements where required
The skills and experience required to succeed as the External Communications Manager are:
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- High levels of organisation
- Detailed knowledge of the communications industry
- Experience of writing for and engaging with digital audiences
- A track record of delivering digital story telling through video content, photo shoots etc
- Superb stakeholder management / engagement skills
- IT literate with experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CMS
You will be joining a highly customer focused, brand proud organisation and, as such, you will need to demonstrate a similar, values lead mind-set. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a real impact over a short space of time so to be considered, click apply now and send an up to date version of your CV, highlighting your relevant experience.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK’s leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 10 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are “better placed” (sorry!) to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK’s, and even world’s biggest brands.