About this job
Our client is a household name within consumer reporting agencies countrywide. It operates in 40 countries with headquarters in the UK employing circa 20,000 people globally. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and ambitious PR Manager, to work closely with the Head of Corporate PR, in contributing to the development and delivery of major thematic PR campaigns. The ideal candidate will be proactive and strategically minded, with excellent people skills. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to devise and drive an ambitious programme of content, working collaboratively with a wide range of individuals both inside and outside the business. The successful candidate will be required to bring stakeholders from across the board PR plans demonstrating confident articulation of ideas, alongside decisive decision-making and creativity.
Duties will include:
- Develop and drive PR campaigns across both earned and owned channels, ensuring a stream of positive media coverage and high engagement
- Work in close partnership with wider brand and marketing teams on thought leadership programmes
- Demonstrate an understanding of commercial priorities, strategic awareness, linking campaign concepts to business goals and bringing in fresh new PR ideas and approaches
- Work closely with colleagues the UK press team, contributing new ideas and offering support where appropriate
- Event management as required to drive engagement with specific campaigns and initiatives
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a related PR role, either agency-side or in-house.
- Proven delivery of successful and impactful integrated campaigns
- Demonstrable ability to build campaigns from idea to execution, securing stakeholder buy-in, managing matrix approval processes and partnering with other functions where necessary to create delivery plans
- Hands-on experience with media and strong journalist relationships
- Excellent writing abilities – press releases, social media messages, blog posts, bylines, white papers as required.
- Knowledge of technology, data and financial services industries desirable.
For your application to be successful , you will need excellent writing skills and sound media relations experience as well as possessing a creative mind-set. The role would suit someone with agency experience, with a track record of delivering big ideas on small budgets and planning successful strategic reputation-building campaigns across channels. You must have a positive attitude and experience working collaboratively across multiple functions and with a matrix of stakeholders to deliver impactful and integrated campaigns.