About this job
Better Placed are delighted to be recruiting for an Associate Sales Director position for a manufacturer of ‘big-ticket’ items based in Yorkshire. In an increasingly prosperous time for the company with sales and production levels increasing YoY for the last 8 years, this is a great time to be part of a growing industry and leading a talented team.
You will be an experienced sales leader and will oversee a team of 5 Regional Sales Managers to drive ambitious growth targets. In an industry which is heavily relationship-driven you will thrive on meeting and influencing prospects by clearly communicating the unique product offering. The real key to the hire for this position is the ability to drive and coach a high-performing sales team to achieve YoY growth and you will have evidence of this throughout your career to date.
Industry experience is not particularly important but experience of ‘big-ticket’ items would be advantageous such as property, automotive, domestic utilities and recreational/sporting goods.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to visit territories across the UK with a requirement to be in Yorkshire approximately once per month. As such location is flexible for the right person.
- Lead a team of 5 Regional Sales Managers to achieve agreed KPIs across defined territories.
- Maximise the profitability of sales through thorough management of selling prices, costs and gross margins by reviewing, measuring and managing sales agreements / negotiations.
- Play an active role in developing strategic targets and business objectives. Implementing strategies through Regional Sales Managers, to ensure the long-term success and profitability of the business.
- Communicate effectively to the board on all important business and strategic matters, to ensure optimum efficiency of the business and that teams are fully aware of the strategic position of the business and are fully motivated and fulfilled to achieve their goals.
- Being a visible contact point for customers, attending trade shows, arranging and carrying out site visits and demonstrating new products etc.
- Take the lead in setting the strategic objectives of negotiation and coaching the team members during the negotiation process.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts to support production planning, product stocks and cash flow.
- Assist in the setting, reviewing and monitoring of RSM KPI’s. Responsible for sales team dealing directly with customers handling complaints primarily and to ensure that action plans as a result and where appropriate are changed and acted upon.
- In-depth experience of sales management, preferably with ‘big ticket’ items.
- A demonstrable record of commercial success.
- Able to interact with customers at all levels in many geographies and markets.
- Contract negotiation at all levels.
- Innovative, conceptual and analytical thinker.
- A talented and enthusiastic people manager.
- Strong leadership of the Sales Team is essential to ensure that sales performance is optimised.
- Customer relationships are a key part of the role and, as such, you should possess good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- You must be flexible to ensure that rapidly changing and conflicting demands are prioritised and met as appropriate.
- Good negotiation skills are a key asset as they are required to support a major function of the role.
- Good communication / influencing skills are important for dealing with internal stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity if you are currently a Head of Sales or Sales Director with a passion for leading and developing a team. To learn more please apply now!
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK’s leading Marketing and Sales Recruitment specialists. Over the last 15 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Tech, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are “better placed” to recruit marketing and sales talent for some of the UK’s, and even world’s biggest brands.